Our highly experienced and motivated team are dedicated to providing the best care, stimulating environment and exciting learning opportunities for all children. The staff attend many training courses to extend their continuous professional development ensuring we can offer the children the best opportunities. All the staff within the setting have had an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, they are all paediatric first aid trained and have attended Level 1 Safeguarding training. Each room has a senior member of staff who works closely with the management team to ensure the nursery runs smoothly and efficiently.
The Early Years Foundation Stage states that "Each child must be assigned a key person. Their role is to help ensure that every child's care is tailored to meet their individual needs, to help the child become familiar with the setting, offer a settled relationship for the child and build a relationship with their parents." Research has shown that a Key Person approach is the most effective way of ensuring that children develop a strong relationship with a significant adult within the setting. At Grunty's Day Care each child has their own key person, this special person:
– Reassures and helps each child to feel secure; helping them to settle and become confident within their new environment.
– Meets the individual needs of each child in their care responding sensitively to their feelings, ideas and behaviour.
– Offers continuity, security and reassurance to your child, usually being the one to feed, change and soothe.
– Will be in the best position to understand and meet your child's needs and to share information with you about your child's experiences in nursery.
– Will be responsible for the children within their key group, ensuring their progress and development needs are met.
– Will observe the children during their play in order to plan future learning opportunities and experiences.
– Last but certainly not least each key person will ensure strong bonds are built with you the parent or carer. Working in partnership to ensure the best quality care is given to your child
"I have always been extremely reassured by the attentive and caring nature of the staff who are willing to go the extra mile"
"The staff – all staff, managers, practitioners, chef and cleaners are all fantastic, they know and greet all the children individually making the effort to go the extra mile"
"Staff work with an extremely professional and organised manner along with good humour and have fostered an environment for my children to develop and thrive whilst equipping them with skills that will last them a lifetime"
"Grunty's is a special place that has given my child a fantastic start in life"
"You have been like extended family and we will miss you all greatly"
"I will be so proud when I take my son to school for the first time and the staff will see what a polite little boy he is and Grunty's have played a huge part in that"